There has been a bunch of changes to IKindaLikeLanguages. Here’s what I have done:
- Main page redesign and restructrurization:
- centered the text layer
- made the top menu narrower
- added underlining for current pages in the menu
- removed the feedback link from the menu
- added an about page
- replaced the main page with the courses list
- added a new logo
- added a favicon
- improved the readability
- Minor changes in the courses page:
- rewritten the broad descriptions
- added a course count to every broad description
- Labs design and functioning:
Before that, I have also made a 3 question survey to try to attempt to find out ways to improve the content on this site. Please do it if you still haven’t.
Finally, these are just the beginning. I will be having some free time this month and I intend to change a lot. I still need to work on the design, I would also like to change the blog theme but I wasn’t able to find one that would look nice enough and have the main colors of the site (blue, white). I will still need to make pages more accessible, add extra functionality and so on.
Also I don’t want to give too much away but… expect new introductory courses!
Alright, if I have mentioned it… here are three introductory language courses that I am planning to make:
That’s far from the end…
Thank you for sticking with I Kinda Like Languages. :)
- What I Did To I Kinda Like Languages
- We relaunch with a new design and improved courses!
- Language Transfer: feels like rediscovering Michel Thomas again, but better!
- The Basics of a Language
- Ziad Fazah – Does He Speak 58 Languages Or Not?